When he breaks up with you
By Maura Byrne | Founder of Made in His Image
1. Don’t text him. Let’s be real, we have all been there. It’s late at night, you’re feeling lonely or sad and you want to talk to him, so you text him. Don’t do it! Resist the urge and call one of your girlfriends instead. Clinging to false emotional attachment is not healthy. Sure, you miss him and that’s okay, but don’t text him, as it will only prolong the inevitable.
2. Get rid of old photos, cards and even gifts if you are attached to them. Don’t waste your time holding on to someone who has already let go of you. Move on. God has an incredible plan for you, but He won’t make you choose it. Holding on to someone who isn’t meant for you is to delay the arrival of the one who is.
3. Whatever you do, don’t write him a letter. Let me repeat that, do not write him a letter. There is no need to write him explaining how much you love him, how sorry you are for something you did, reminiscing, divulging past hurts, or future plans. Let it go. Trust me, I speak from experience. In 3 months you will be glad you didn’t.
4. Your scars tell the story of where you have been, not where you are going. Don’t let the past define you. You are stronger than you think.
5. Don’t be bitter. Sometimes God has to break your heart, so He can gently mold it back to how He created it to be.
6. Don’t project the mistakes and weaknesses of a past boyfriend on a new one. People are different and no one deserves to be labeled. Give new gentlemen a chance.
7. Do not hesitate to love fiercely again, for vulnerability is essential in authentic relationships.
8. Open your heart. You never know what God has planned for you. Often times we find what we are searching for when we least expect it.
9. Forgive him. Through forgiveness, you will set yourself free to love again.
10. Remember that you are a treasure. And a treasure is worthy of being pursued and cherished. Yes, that’s you! Don’t settle for anything less. You are beautiful. You are valuable. You are enough. You are worth fighting for.
P.S. You are enough.